PDA

View Full Version : Mounted a flat panel tv

Craigrrr
02-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Using flush mount clips and a piece of 1/8" sheet metal I mounted my tv in the TM. Made custom length coax to reach to the end of the fridge cabinet .

Used spacers aka- cap nuts drilled out ) to keep the sheet metal off of the tv and room for the mounting screws and nuts for the mounting clips .

BTW... For anchoring the clips to the bath/kitchen wall I used plastic togglers to keep the screws from pulling out.

I am thinking that wall is hollow, I might even fish the cable down from the tv down to the opening near the sink then run it across through the inside of the cabinet and out again to the hookup point. Or just install another coax connector at the bottom of the wall near the sink opening.

Kidkraz
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Well done sir.

Craigrrr
02-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Well done sir.
Thank You

03-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Maybe you could run a 110 from behind the fridge to a plug box mounted on the front panel under the lip of the sink. Then a coax plate there as well.:thinkerg:

Craigrrr
03-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe you could run a 110 from behind the fridge to a plug box mounted on the front panel under the lip of the sink. Then a coax plate there as well.:thinkerg:

You must have been reading my mind. LOL When I get a little more time I am going to put an outlet next to the monitor panel in front there or in that vicinity .

Bill
03-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Maybe you could run a 110 from behind the fridge to a plug box mounted on the front panel under the lip of the sink. Then a coax plate there as well.:thinkerg:Remember that the outlet behind the refrig is not GFI-protected. If you extend that circuit up to the front panel, near the wet, steel, sink, a GFI outlet would be a good idea. All other outlets in the TM are on a GFI circuit.

No, this is not a criticism ...

Bill

ShrimpBurrito
03-14-2016, 03:40 PM
Remember that the outlet behind the refrig is not GFI-protected. If you extend that circuit up to the front panel, near the wet, steel, sink, a GFI outlet would be a good idea. All other outlets in the TM are on a GFI circuit.

No, this is not a criticism ...

Because this could very easily save either your life or the life of someone you love!

Dave

Craigrrr
03-14-2016, 10:49 PM
I was going to come right of the converter as there is an open slot there that I would use for ther new TV gfci receptacle or just connect into the outlet at the end of the counter by the tv hookup already there.

Def, needs to be a protected outlet near water plus that is a kitchen should be a 20 amp breaker and 12 ga wire to. just to be clear.