PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chapter Rally

countrygirl
04-21-2007, 12:26 PM
To those who are at Hanna Park...I really want to attend. I worked 12 hours yesterday....9 to 9 and today I had an archery tournament (shot poorly but had fun in spite of myself ;) ) and we have a family obligation this afternoon..(it does include steak and shrimp on the Barby though :)... ) Anywho...I hope to get out there tomorrow...what time do you think most people will break camp? My luck check out is too early...
with any luck I will get to meet a few of you and ask some questions!

grlewis1
04-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi CountryGirl
Sorry you missed the Dinner and Campfire Saturday night... We had over 62 members present. The weather has been outstanding and Hanna Park is one great campground and park. We are having a pancake breakfast sunday morning and devotional, then we break camp. Check out is at noon. We are making plans for the July Rally and also the October Rally. Stay posted to this Trailbrazer website for updates...

countrygirl
04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
It was very nice to meet you and some of the other Trailblazers this morning. BTW what type of wax/polish do you use on your TM??? It shines like a new penny!

I think we learned a few more things...I got a chance to see some TMS with the owners gear inside... and I got a better idea when Nancy opened the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. Wow...she really knows how to utiliize space. She even brings her bread machine and her TM doesn't look over crowded!

My curtain worries are resolved...they really give you privacy. Nancy's husband showed my dh all of his mods and there were a lot of them.
From re-enforcing the bumper and frame, the water fill when the TM is lowered...to electric hot water tank switches inside and out...I believe there were mod mods...but that is what I remember right now and Tom is napping.

One camp had an electric cooler on a pic nic table and that is a cool idea. We like the bicycle rack on the backs of the TMS ... most of the units had them...I would think one of those cargo baskets could also be mounted there.

Wish I had thought to take my camera!!!

grlewis1
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry you missed the Saturday morning walk thru... after our morning breakfast, all the TM owners opened their rigs so we could see all the modifications they have made... we truly learned from each other, how to decorate and improve on a great product. My favorites were the hand made stove cover and the hand made awning lights that looked like top water fishing plugs... as for my bright and shining penny... I use liquid car soap and then finish off with liquid car wax sprayed on with my pressure washer.... just remember to reduce the pressure when spraying, approx 1500 psi.. otherwise you will damage the protective taping that is applied to the shell. Hope to see ya at the fall rally in Troy Alabama...