PDA

View Full Version : Gray tank will not drain

SigurdHoy
09-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have experience with a gray tank that will not drain? Mine drained OK. Then I filled it to flush - and nothing would come out? Any ideas anyone?:mad:

B_and_D
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I can't imagine what would be plugging up that large of an outlet to such an extent that nothing would come out.

How full did you fill it?

I hate to ask a dumb question, but did you close the valve all the way and then fill it up? Like with 10 gallons worth of water?

Can you be a bit more specific about the circumstances around how this happened? Was your sewer hose connected before and after? Had you drained the black water tank too before?

Are you sure it didn't just leak out slowly and you didn't notice it?

SigurdHoy
09-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Interesting questions. I saw the lights come on one after the other. Then, when I went to drain it, nothing came out.

mtnguy
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
I think I read on this forum, or maybe another, where the piece that is drilled out for the hole is sometimes left in the tank, eventially making it's way to the drain hole again. If that is happening, maybe you can snake a wire up there from the pipe, and shove the it aside?? Just a thought.

Chap

rtcassel
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Someone else had a similar problem, but it looks like one has to pay to see the answer:
http://rv.justanswer.com/questions/1a00j-help-2002-monaco-windsor-gray-water

kenngeri2720
09-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Did you run a wire (coat hangar) up to see if the valve is open. The pull rod may have come lose from the sliding valve.

SigurdHoy
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
As I said, this was our first weekend outing. When I got home with the trailer in the garage I crawled under the trailer - could not make sense of that the selling dealer had told us. I think that he reversed the toilet and the gray tank! I made notes of what he told me, and I think he was wrong. - I'll find out when I get it out of the garage and can get to the outlet. - It seems that this dealer does not know much about the product he sells.

mtnguy
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
As I said, this was our first weekend outing. When I got home with the trailer in the garage I crawled under the trailer - could not make sense of that the selling dealer had told us. I think that he reversed the toilet and the gray tank! I made notes of what he told me, and I think he was wrong. - I'll find out when I get it out of the garage and can get to the outlet. - It seems that this dealer does not know much about the product he sells.

The biggest pipe is from the toilet (slide valve pulls to the side behind the gray water pipe), and the smaller pipe is for the gray water (slide pulls straight towards you to open).

Chap

SigurdHoy
09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes, that's what I figured after crawling under the TM. The selling dealer who "instructed" me gave me the wrong information! I guess I should have figured it out sooner! Thanks for your replies!

B_and_D
09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
For about 3 years we had labels on the outlets, white duct tape wrapped around each valve, with "1" written on the black handle in indelible ink, and "2" written on the grey water handle. The labels just kind of wore off after a while. I still have to stop and look at them sometimes to decide which one to pull first. ;)