Thread: Converter Issue
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
Brifla

Yes I had read about parasitic loads in other threads. I'm curious what they might be since I don't have a radio and the bathroom is down (no CO/Propane sensor load). But I'll keep disconnecting my battery during storage in any case.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that on this trip my GFI was tripped when we got the camper set up. I simply reset it at the electrical outlet beside the Converter. This has happened before and it is fine once reset but I'm not sure what is tripping it initially (?).

I'm assuming the fridge will work when hooked up to 110V power at home with a adaptor plug to the TM, correct? I'd like to verify it's operating on 110V before the next trip. If I remember correctly, the AC won't work when TM is plugged in at home but hopefully fridge will.

And thanks for the suggestion to check the tow vehicle fuse. I just had my brake controller installed a few months ago and haven't checked the 12V power supply from vehicle to trailer. I only checked the TM brakes and lights. I'll take my voltmeter out and see if there's power on that plug prong. If not, I'll look for the fuse (or lack thereof) on the TV.