View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
pauloh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Hi Paul,

First, you don't actually have to take the toilet apart to get to the EZ Slide valve, so you won't "already be in there" to take out the vinyl skirt. And doing it then won't save you any time, either, so unless you feel inclined to remove it anyway, you can procrastinate away.
Dave
I'm calling that good news, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Hi Paul,

Second, I just replaced by EZ Slide valve a few months ago because the old one had cracked. I can't remember if mine came with the donut or not, but perhaps you can take a pic and post it. I do remember it came with an o-ring that fits firmly around the chute part of the valve that goes through the donut.

Dave
I'll attach a photo here of the complete assembly and the donut I ordered/received separately 2 years ago. (I've been procrastinating on this longer than I realized ) Also a shot of my order for these parts from American RV Company. The 2 gray rings look like the same part to me except for their thickness but I haven't called Amer. RV or Thetford to ask them why they are different. What you call the o-ring I'm guessing is the black thing just visible at the top (upper side of the slide valve?) I believe I'll pull the toilet in a day or two and see what's there and then decide if I need to order anything else. I'll shoot some photos. Hadn't realized further disassembly won't necessarily be needed for this and that's a relief. I sure appreciate the advice and all the time you've put into this issue for the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130610-5944.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	8563   Click image for larger version

Name:	ThetfordfromAmericanRVCo.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	8564  
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller