View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michoshisho View Post
Thanks for your post, Billy. I will be picking up my first TM in two weeks, and am still a bit tentative about the whole sewer dumping thing. I got a little more optimistic when I found out about Sewer Solution. I may just have to give it a try after all!

Most of the campsites I go to only have electric or electric and water hookups with a dump station on the way out of the campground. Do those of you using SS (or conventional hose for that matter) open the shells at the dump station and connect water to do a couple of 'charge and dumps' before heading home?
Now with ours we have always had Full Hook Ups so I am speaking from what I believe would work not what I know will work.

I would say you could dump with out TM being popped up by making sure you: 1. Have outside valves in closed positions
2. Open inside valve at Thetford before closing.
3. Hook Up & drive to dump station.
4. Hook up standard sewer hose between TM & Dump Station because IMO this would be easier since the Sewer Solution requires water hook up to function.
5. You may have to pop the M latches if you can't hook up to the dump connection under the TM. Just saying in case this is an issue can't remember how close dump connection is.
6. Open Main Toilet Waste Valve.
7. After it is cleared you should have Grey Water available for rinsing out the hose. just pull the small Grey Water valve.
8. Close valves
9. If unlatched, relatch stow hose & go.

Now all this is mute if you have a portable dump tank to use which would be very convenient IMO.

Hope this helps, Im sure I missed something & someone that actually does this will correct me or have a better system.

As for SS it is GREAT for my family but Im sure it isn't for all & I always wear disposable gloves when dealing with the sewer being OCD & a Clean Freak. I suggest trying to get a good deal thru eBay or Amazon if you aren't sure about the SS being for you. I also highly recommend extra extension hose since it only comes standard with 10'. I definitely plan on using with our new Sealand replacement at this point.

If I can be of anymore help just ask.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote