View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
MariaG

Looking at the pics (and am I the only one who waits seemingly forever for those to load?) it definitely doesn't look 'right' to me. We were told that both shells should have a 1 1/2" crown to shed rainwater, and ours still had that even though it was all rotten. I think maybe something fell on that rear shell, or someone put something heavy on it. When we replaced the aluminum and wood strip across the back of the front shell, DH bent the aluminum to match that 1 1/2" curve and cut the wood strips to fit it. I know down the center of the roof there is a trim piece covering a seam or gap in the aluminum skin that originally had wood in it, but it was gone in places. Without peeling the panels apart we couldn't really do anything about it, so we filled any gaps with great stuff foam. We weren't looking for perfect, just functional. You paid less for yours than we did, and it's newer with a full bath, so as long as you're willing to put the work in, I think you can make it useable. IMO you definitely need to restore that roof crown, though.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote