View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
davlin
TrailManor Master

Maga4,

What you do now is find the leak(s). I would set the camper up at home, and make sure you have the interior completely dry. Thoroughly inspect all the areas you already discovered, as well as any other floor-level nooks and crannies. Then hook up your city water, and start looking for leaks. The very first place to look is inside the cabinet where the city water line comes in from outside the trailer. Have a flashlight handy and follow all the plumbing lines to their destinations, looking for water. If you have an outside shower, this is a notorious place for a broken water line; you may have to pull off the outside shower fixture for a complete inspection. It could be that you have multiple leaks. This would be caused by not winterizing/draining the TM and then exposing it to freezing temperatures. It's also possible that you have just one leak. Once the water gets on the floor of the trailer, it can migrate just about anywhere, making it look like multiple leaks. If you're not comfortable doing the inspection/work yourself, I recommend that you find a good RV dealer in your area. RV plumbing is very similar throughout the industry, so you don't have to find a TM dealer to have this done. Good luck!

I seriously doubt that the black mold in your outside caulking is related to your leak. This is a fairly normal occurrence for trailers living it wet climates, and doesn't really affect anything other than the appearance of the caulk.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote