View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #15
moaboy

Check this out...there is a new product being imported from Australia. Something like purplepeoplemover...
They are a company that make small electric motors that mount in front of each tire. You then engage a small cylinder like wheel against the tire. Then using a small remote control you can move your RV forward, backward or a combination of the two thus turning it.
I have talked to these folks and have been very impressed with them. I plan to purchase a set this spring. The only possible concern is the location of the front step, thus a bit of a tight fit on the door side.
Unit runs $1200-1400 depending on which of two models: 1. Manual engagement against the tire, 2. Adjustable engagement against the tire that allows one to vary the amount of tension on the tire.
Neat thing is one person can position there RV up a grade, in a tight place, while walking around to make sure you are not hitting an obstruction.
Will let you know how it turns out, but I plan to do this when Spring comes and assuming it will fit. Sorry I don't have their exact website, but saw it on Chuck W RV newsletter. Other companies makes these, but I like the design and performance of these units the best. Could be somewhat revolutionary...
Check it out and share your thoughts.