View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

ScrubJaysNest -

You might want to try that post again. The missing words make it hard to interpret.

I posted this morning (post now seems to be missing) that the grill should NOT be too hot to touch, or hot enough to burn you. In my 2720 SL, my wife regularly sits on the couch in front of the grill, with the warm air blowing directly on her legs. The heated air also blows on the leg of the collapsible table. And for years, our old dog used to like to lie in front of the furnace to warm her old bones.

If it is too hot to touch, I would suggest that you find your way into the enclosure around the furnace - in a 2720SL it is a plywood box under the couch. On the body of the furnace - and in the owner's manual - it will call out very specifically how much clearance must exist around each side of the unit. It is possible that a previous owner stuffed this space with insulation "to improve the efficiency of the furnace". If so, very bad move.

Pull out your owner's manual (or get it online) and confirm that you have what you should have.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote