View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
foxhaven0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but the problem of a gap between two mattresses can be solved quite nicely with what I call a bridge. Go to Overstock.com and enter "twin-size bed connector" in the search box. That will bring one up. Or to find more suppliers, do a Google search for "two twin mattresses make a king". You'll find them at Amazon, Bed Bath Beyond, and so forth.

The bridge is a long strip of foam, 80 inches long by 12 inches wide by about an inch thick. It has a rib, 80 inches long by maybe 2 inches high, protruding from the center of one side to give the whole thing a T-shaped cross section. You put the stem of the T (the rib) into the gap between the mattresses, and the flat strip makes a continuous surface across the gap. Works well.

Bill
Then I'd have something else to take off the bed, right? I just use the gap as an aisle to get in and out of bed. But I was wishing for an inflatable mattress that I could use instead of the original. With the foam pads on top then I could just deflate and not have to remove the pads. Less hassle closing down, ya know. But I'd want an inflatable the size of the old mattress. So we're still talking "Mattress Replacement."