View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #8
jbeletti
Jim

Default Re:Rear Vision Camera System for Tow Vehicle

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the link to the mirrors - will check it out later. I initially considered putting the rear vision camera on the TM but decided to wait on that for two reasons.

First, no easy access to the trailer - it's being stored in a friends back yard and the grass is soft and mushy back there now.

Second, complexity. I will have to first determine the ideal mounting location. Then settle for the best-fit mounting location. Then there's that 'running wiring from the back, all the way to the hitch' thing. I have read some threads on the board that discuss running wires the entire length. Doubt I'll find a handy wiring chase to use, but I wouldn't mind running some 1/2 inch PVC conduit the entire distance on the underside of the trailer. I am sure there are many considerations and complications with this. The good news is that the plugs are pretty small on the harness, so I can run it through 1/2 inch pipe easily. And I did get an extra harness for this task.

When I am camping and have some time to peruse the TM more, I will scout out the possibilities. Ideally, for side viewing as well as rear, on top of the A/C unit may be ideal - but I shudder to thing of how I would/could securely mount it there and run cabling that won't flop around (duct tape the cabling for travel only, then remove it at the campsite perhaps).

You all have a great weekend as I will be offline until Tuesday night.

Jim
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote