View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

What an odd setup. I'm sure you can put it right, but it will take you a weekend to do it. A few notes.

1. The float on the gauge is stuck. It is simply a small cylinder of foam - it is visible in the second pic, second set. It is supposed to slide easily up and down on the central twisted strip of metal.

2. It sounds like the PO removed the dump pipe and slide valve from under the trailer. You will need to replace these, and this is probably the biggest task you face.

3. I would bet that the wax ring is either missing or dried out, and you will need to replace it. Note that you can't buy a replacement at a hardware store or big box store. It is a different size, and you need to get it from an RV place.

4. You replace the mounting clips by setting them in place with a pair of needle nose pliers, and then tunking them home with a long screwdriver. Fingers aren't long enough or tough enough.

5. It sounds like you have read the toilet tutorials in the TM Tech Library. Good for you.

6. Many / most of us have removed the vinyl sleeve / skirt entirely. It makes it flush easier.

7. Someone is sure to suggest that you install a cassette toilet at this point. Though I wouldn't do it, you might consider it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote