View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhouston View Post
I had a similar problem with the factory installed "elec jack" wire when I came to where you are now. Traced it back to the outside fridge compartment, where all TM wires seem to gather, and could find no open circuit. Called The Car Show where we got the trailer, and the end of the story, we had to run new wire all the way back to the battery. Good news is we have solid power every time, and the job is not that bad. (Summary of the trace down process was to fuse every open circuit in the panel to see if that was the issue; no joy). Don't let the idea of just running two new wires to the back be daunting. Just use good clips to hold the wire to the underside of the trailer. Drill small pilot holes into the side flange of the grey water tank so you can put three clips along there as well. Ensures good ground and good power. Good luck.

Yep, I traced it back to the fridge then up into the converter, found there was no fuse ( duh) but wonder why the little red led did not glow, I guess if I went inside while I had it hooked up to the jack it might have glowed, but still odd why it was reading the small dc voltage. All is working installed a 30 A blade fuse in the converter since the fuse that came with the jack was a 30A slow blow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM jack and stop (1).JPG
Views:	66
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	12720  

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote