View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

From the pics, if it were me, I would clean up the curbside wall where it got torn back, so that it is somewhat back into place as it was prior to damage. Then, using good (RV grade) sealer (I believe everyone says it is not silicone), apply the sealer to the inside of the corner bead before placing, then add more sealer to the outer edge of the bead. I would tape it in place until dry, so it doesn't slip.

Also, you may call the factory and explain you need to quickly replace a torn-off corner bead, direct them to your pics, and ask their opinion on the best way to do it quickly. I have to imagine that their production manager can give you a quick way to do it to last (I forget his name). He is a very experienced RV person, and has repaired the same spot on at least one other TM. Granted, he took it apart to repair something else, but he still had the bead off, and had to put it back on.

I agree, also with pictures, pictures, pictures. Even closer than what you posted, to show more detail of the corner area.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote