View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #28
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default Time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
"The whole 65mph speed rating is kinda unnerving." Well if you have to ask... I suspect there is a lot of Kentucky windage in there. Have seen it said "add 5 psi for 5 mph more".

Suspect this makes allowances for typical Americans (overweight and underinflated).

That said I find a 65 mph cruise relaxing when towing and since I am underweight/fully inflated/have nylon cap/ monitor the tires temperature am not concerned if make an occasional excursion.

Also these are 15' tires. I'd be more concerned if they were 8" tires.
Some people don't have the luxury to be able to pitty patty down the the road at 65 mph ...they need to get there and fast! They just don't have the time and need to maximize there efforts. Like me for instance. We are lucky if we can get 10-11 days off in a row each year due to job constraints, so we need to get there. Especially if it's any distance from home. Even living almost in the middle of the US, it's a stretch to try and go to either coast and have any time to see and do things. That's why I have to always take the interstate if possible at 75 mph. Last year we went to califonication and to save time I drove to Flagstaff by myself and picked up my better half at the air port there. That saved her two days of vacation and 10 days later she had to fly home by herself from San Francisco as she had to be back at work. As for me, it was a very long drive back. That was NO fun at all, but there was no other way she could get out to the west coast as she had never been there. We did see some wonderful country though!
Me? Well I'm simi retired and if I don't have any major gigs then that's cool. Linda on the other hand has a very responsible position and she can only be gone at the most 12-13 days. So considering travel time (there and then back) we only have "X" amount of days to spend on the real part of the vacation. Plus that 12-13 days can't all be used. One needs at least two days off to decompress when they get home.

We do what we can to make it all work....after all, all my efforts are for her and she deserves the best because that is exactly what she is!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote