View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:22 AM   #2
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedouins View Post
We have a 2009 2719 we just acquire and tested. We live in Colorado where it can be seriously cold in winter. I do not mind traveling with empty tanks then filling when in camp, where the heater should maintain a correct temperature inside, including for the tanks. But how cold can it be outside, and still have a reasonable temperature inside without the risk of damaging pipes and tanks.
Congrats on your new to you acquisition.

I've been in our TM in as cold as 0° F temperatures. In this one particular instance the prevailing wind came from the street side exposing all pipes freezing the grey, black and the interior lines from the fresh water tank to the faucets. We opened the under sink doors placed a ceramic heater in the area under the dinette bench (where the freshwater tank is located) and thawed the supply lines.

The black/grey valve was still frozen so we could not use the water. In hindsight, we should have opened the valve and allowed water to drip. I also had to seal the refrigerator vent to keep the howling wind from blowing in.

In spite of the above it's better than a pop up.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote