View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 11:24 PM   #26
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re:Specific Recommendations for Improving TM

[quote author=kidsplayhouse link=board=22;threadid=1993;start=msg14102#msg1410 2 date=1086658024]
We went to pick up our new 2720 on Friday (unfortunately due to incorrect wiring we had to postpone pickup). We did our walk through that day and the dealer had the same problem with the leg on the table. It fell apart on him as he was demonstrating how to set it up and take it down. He admitted he thought it was a very poor design. We also will be camping with 2 small children. I would be very interested in knowing of any tricks people use to make this work easier and be safer.
[/quote]
My wife seemed to have a knack for causing the table leg to fall apart whilst opening it. After 2 frustrating reassembly events, I vowed to catch her in the act.

It seemed, that while she was swinging the leg down, she would simultaneously be sliding the extension downward too. If done quickly it would travel past the proper engagement position and wack the floor, causing the leg to stop short of the proper spot. Then she'd swing the leg backward and start pushing and pulling on the slide mechanism. It would either fall out completely or jam hopelessly.

Since we learned to swing the leg fully into position first, then extend the slider - no problems.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote