View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
FlyboyTR

Default Project finished! Very Happy!

New burner arrived this morning. Installation was straight forward and I did lube the screws that were so hard to break loose. Some of the sheet metal housing was bent so I took time to straighten all that out. It should provide more protection for the flame!

Test time... On the third click of the striker the needle quickly moved into the green. After about 10 seconds I released the pilot/lighter button and the needle stayed in the green! Very pleased!

I slid the refer unit out (into the camper about 6". All of the terminals were tight except one. While I don't think it was loose enough to break the connection, I tightened it and pushed it back on the terminal.

The door trim that the seal mates with has always looked nasty. So I removed it and started sanding. I was about an hour and two beverages into sanding when suddenly I realized what was happening. It appears there was 2 or 3 layers of contact paper on it plus a coat of paint in between two layers and on the surface. I just put the heat gun on it and melted and scraped all the mess off. Next will be sanding and painting. I may just wrap it with matt finish black vinyl tape and call it a day! We'll see how the sanding goes!