View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Our "THING" is tandem bicycle riding and we use the TM to facilitate that. We call the TM a "hard side pop-up" (usually have to explain it's like a HI-Low) and stay in commercial campgrounds 95% of the time. Like B&D, I've always thought "camper" meant a truck camper but that's probably because it's what they were called where I grew up.

We towed a 27' Alpenlite 5th-wheel for several years before the tandem and TM took our lives over and dry camped in National Parks to hike the local trails. We've also done a few loaded bicycle camping trips which we call "self contained bicycle touring" (as opposed to "credit card bicycle touring" with clothing but no camping gear and "supported bicycle touring" where someone transports all our stuff whether camping or staying in motels). Although not lately, we've also done some "backpacking" which I assume is a universally used term. Where I usually get in trouble is my habit of calling anything with wheels that you sleep in an RV. I'm often informed that RV means "MOTORHOME".

Frank- 2002 TM2619 pulled by 2002 Honda Odyssey.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote