View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 08:49 AM   #8
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Thanks for that. If I can't get the current tubes to slide smoothly at that endpoint, I'll have to consider that option. But, as long as I can get the tire on the rack, and get it closed, in the short term, I'll take it as a win and hope I don't need to pull the spare out while on my trip.

Can't do much today or tomorrow - Dr's appointment, vaccine appointment and a couple of errands to run while I'm in town (45 minute drive from home) and then long dentist appointment tomorrow - starting the crown portion of a root canal/crown job. Won't feel much like crawling around under the trailer tomorrow. I might go back today after my appointments (storage yard is here in town) and give that rack another try, see if it's working any better after yesterday's efforts. And take some measurements of the inner and outer tubes.

Waiting on tires and brake parts, so not a lot to do besides tidying up until they arrive. Lots of time to putter around with the rack. Or I could close her up, drag out the half sheet of plywood, climb up on top and install the soft starter... that's also on the to-do list. But that list is getting shorter. Turning into a Ta-done list.