View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 01:32 PM   #22
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Idaho, you make some good points, and I am not in disagreement with any of them. Your analysis of review dates is especially interesting - good catch. I'll say it again - I don't know what is going on. What I do know is that Amazon still has a listing for a product called Aqua-Kem Original. The listing text says "Original" but the bottle in the picture does not say Original. There is no picture of the back of the bottle where the contents are listed. The text in the listing says 100% biodegradable. But the text also omits the big claim, Formaldehyde-Free! which is featured in the text in most other non-Amazon ads. So whatever is being sold, does it have formaldehyde? Can't be sure.

I can find a number of internet sites that say formaldehyde is biodegradable. Others say that at some concentration, it kills fish and marine life as it degrades. A number of sites say that formaldehyde has not been banned, though this is often said in the context of the glue in the plywood that is in your home's walls. California says it is a biodegradable carcinogen, and in 2007 asked that it be banned on the carcinogen basis. Is it banned today? I don't know.

What I do know is that like the rest of us, I'd like to find a good toilet deodorizer. I am personally not having any luck with that quest, but I keep trying. I hope someone will find a good product, and let us know what it is.

I'm tired.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote