Thread: 3M VHB Tape
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #25
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

I had NO ADJUSTMENT left on the rear torsion bars. If you have some I believe that you could get away with adjusting to handle the additional load. They are a bit of a bugger to remove and install, and the new ones have threaded ends, which makes the install that much more difficult. Although upon later reflection I wondered if it would have been easier to screw them onto the lift arms that to have used force. Might have been a huge duhhh on my part ;-)

I got a full set of torsion bars figuring that it is better to have them on hand than to find out later that for some reason they are unavailable. Total cost was $1009, with $189 of that being shipping.

I did not use VHB tape as I figured that unnecessary given the use of the UV4000 which is an adhesive sealant. It is removable but that operation is certainly not easy ;-)

Also note that I did NOT seal the inside of the bolt hole of the ceiling joint on the inside of the trailer. If water leaks in from outside I WANT it to move inside quickly rather than get trapped in the foam between the aluminum skins. I would notice any leak right away as it would drop on my bed :-) i want that rather than sealing any leaked water in the ceiling.

I completely sealed the outside, under the mounting square tube, under the head of the bolt inside that mounting tube and then the uphill edge of the mounting tube.
jagizzi is online now   Reply With Quote