View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 12:05 PM   #22
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I'm not sure -- I want to see what size holes, if any, might already be in the outriggers. I'm thinking something along the lines of 3/8".

The other question is whether to drive the bolts through the entire beam of the trailer and put a nut on them, which would obviously require drilling the second hole straight across from the first one (which might be tricky), or just drill a hole in just one side of the beam and then either tap threads into it for a bolt with machine threads or just use a sheet metal (or self-tapping) screw. The latter is what is used to attach the stabilizing jacks, and they were plenty tight when I replaced the jacks on my other TM, so I'm leaning in that direction.

And yes, Wayne, I was thinking something like 1/4" aluminum too....just need to take some measurements to see how big I can make it before running into stuff (like the fresh water and sewer drain valves).

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote