View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 10:52 PM   #14
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Bill-

Do the side walls in your back bunk area have the luan covered in wallpaper or is it bare aluminum? When my 3326 was rebuilt the entire side walls have the wallpaper. If yours does too, maybe there’s a matching stress crease on the inside of the opposite wall? If you look, the outside stress crease is pretty well aligned with the rear end of the bottom box. If he hit you hard enough to push the whole rear end of the rear shell in that direction, could that be the pivot point? Totally throwing darts here…
Hi Shane826, you nailed it. As shown in pics I have aluminum walls and sure enough there is a matching stress crease on the opposite inside wall of the queen bed (I had not noticed before).

Bill- this has me wondering if we possibly missed these at the factory, as I can't imagine what exactly could create conditions for later appearance of the depressions?

The only other thing I've done differently since being at the factory was to store the TM in my garage with little to no weight on the tires. I did this by following steps somewhere on this forum [lower tongue all way, extend both rear jacks symmetrically, raise the tongue again until tires are just off ground then lower slightly, raise front jacks]. This is something I won't be repeating as I am thinking I should avoid any unneeded stress on the rear shell.

In summary, the Class A clipped me on the left rear corner of the trailer , and the matching depressions are on the right outer wall and the left inner wall.

Thanks for helping me identify the source, open to any additional expert tips such as anything else I should avoid...or is this probably just cosmetic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crease 1.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	22923   Click image for larger version

Name:	crease 2.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	611.4 KB
ID:	22924  
DanSTL is online now   Reply With Quote