View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 06:30 PM   #5
Rob Culver

Thank you very much Bill for the response. And thanks very much for the picture of the pin! I may end up buying one of those. In my case it wouldn't mean that the hitch was completely closed just because the pin went through the hole while in the closed position. When the pin is through the hole it does not prevent the latch from lifting up and opening. The reason I thought something might be a miss is that there is no clicking or any other indication that the hitch is completely attached when down. And the hitch will lift up a bit only stopped by the bolt to keep it from opening. That seemed a bit odd to me because even though there is normally hundreds of pounds of downward pressure to keep the hitch in place it could still pop up maybe an inch and only get stopped by the bolt to prevent it from opening. That doesn't seem like a great design to me to allow that kind of play if everything really is correct. Have you ever seen a Trailmanor or other trailer hitch that operated that way?
Rob Culver is offline   Reply With Quote