View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 02:00 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Just FYI, I find that some of those corner knobs have to be turned to vertical to come off, and some have to be turned horizontal. Annoying, isn't it? I end up turning one button at time, 90* from wherever it starts, and pulling gently on the corner of the panel to see if it is loose.

I'm not sure if cutting a hole in the side of the cubby, and bringing wires to the under-sink area, will help you a lot. You still have to connect your new wires to something, and the under-sink area has poorer access and smaller wires than behind the refrig.

Another idea. I rely on our 3-way frig, but I don't power it up on the road. It is actually a pretty good cooler. Assuming it is nice and cold in the morning, I just turn it off while I travel, and food is still cold/frozen after several hours. In your case, the advantage of doing that would be that you could connect new wires (for the compressor refrig) directly to the existing connections on the back of the 3 way frig. Access to those connections is easy. My Dometic 2354 is shown below, and you can see the arrow for the 12-volt terminal block at bottom center. If you have a Norcold, 3-way refrig, it is similar.

Of course, once you are in a campground, you will want to run both refrigerators, and as Shane suggested earlier, the 12-volt fuse may not carry as many amps as you need. The answer would be to run the 3-way frig on either 120VAC if you have it, or propane.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dometic 2354 larger.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	22981  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote