Thread: Solar wanabe
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Solar

I'll be happy to send you more photos of our solar installation. I use RockyMtn Ray's mounting technique by using adhesive to attach the aluminum mounting pads. The wire runs through a conduit on the outside of the TM. No holes! This is a stick-on plastic conduit which gets the wire down to the rear torsion bar arm where it's attached and goes under the TM. Mine comes up through the floor near the tub and converter where the charge controller is located.

I don't think solar is for everyone but it works for me. I would be concerned about theft and damage with moveable panels but there are several TM owners that have taken that approach. This is essential if you always camp in the shade.

How many solar panels? How much battery? As you read the posts you can see some our our respective experiences. You might consider a modest size solar installation under 200 watts and have a small Honda generator for those cases where you have several days of bad weather or have to camp in the shade.

That will be a great trip in the TM. Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote