View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
wwjam

Hi... Congratulations on your new purchase. From what I've seen the 2007 has some real nice improvements.

We have had our TM for almost a year now and have had the same problem. It bothers me more than my husband, and it happens mostly when it's been closed up and the weather is warm. Once I open a vent and turn on the fan my eyes stop burning. One time it was so bad that I had to turn around and walk out. I had watery eyes, burning throat, and a hard time breathing. Our trailer has a pretty strong smell as well. It smells like vinyl or adhesive to me. I don't seem to have a problem with the eyes burning in cold weather.

We recently read an article that said trailers and Rv's need to be aired out up to 90 days before occupying because of formaldehyde being used in the construction. I don't know if this applies to the TM or not, I just know that the symtoms mentioned in the article are the same as what I have. It also said only a small percentage of people experience these symptoms. It may be that none of this has anything to do with the TM, but it would be good to know why this happens. I have not asked anyone at the factory.