View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 04:12 AM   #4
camperboy

Default Re: Any Equal-i-zer Brand Tow Hitch Users

I am using a Equalizer on a 1990 TM 26 (same as a 3023). At first I just had a ball, no WD or sway functions at all. The Equalizer has made a huge difference. Now I hardly know the TM is back there except for the pressure on the acellerator. I tow it with a Ford Ranger, supercab, 4.0, 4.10 rear. I was glad I had the sway feature when someone nearly sideswiped my truck on the highway this weekend while I was towing and I hadto cut over onto the shoulder real quick. TM followed like a puppy. The equalizer's cost is close to a standard reese unit w/ friction sway bar from Camping World. Plus, some friction sway bars have a warning on them about using them in wet conditions! The equalizer cost 530 complete, including shipping to my door. It was really simple to install.

To check your swing away hitch, the brackets for the spring bars should be located 32" back on the frame from the center point of the ball. The directions say that this measurement can be somewhat less, but not more. If you would like me to check the instructions, post back here.

camperboy