View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempert View Post
I camped on the American side of the falls a little over 30 years ago. I remember that we stayed in a NY state park that was good and it wasn't far from the falls. As I recall it was on a bluff overlooking one of the Great Lakes (Erie?). There were lots of good places to camp in Nova Scotia, particularly along the coast.

The roads are comparable to roads in the US. One thing that I remember is that some of the main roads were only 2 lanes but there were wide shoulders where slower traffic was expected to go when approached from the rear. I remember this well as on two of our trips we got a cracked windshield while being passed. The roads have probably changed in the past 30+ years.

I road the train across Canada six years ago and my cell phone worked fine when we were near cities. I don't use my phone much but didn't have any real problems while there.
Hi Kempert - about the cell service.... Were you on an American calling plan or using a Canadian one? Apart from wandering up into the Nova Scotia province, we will be pretty close to the US border during our Canadian stay and really want the service for 911 purposes mainly.

Its sounds like roadways in Canada are similar to most Texas highways with the "pullover" philosophy.

thanks for the info.
Barbara
Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote