View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
larsdennert

We all have to remember that the TM weighs about as much as a car. A car rides on four pretty good sized tires. The TM must ride on two small ones. Even though the tires are engineered to carry more than the average tire, physics only allows so much capacity per square inch. The margin for error is less and they need more attention. Though there could be some defective tires out there, I know Pirelli had that problem in the '90's, most likely someone neglected a tire along the line. Maybe it was inflated properly when it blew but maybe it was run at low pressure or excessive speed previously for many miles. Honestly I think Goodyear makes "just ok" tires in general but at least they are making trailer tires. There are so few choices. You should try a Uniroyal tire, talk about a tire that comes apart.

As far as Firestone, I've had several sets of Bridgestone tires which is the same company and I swear by them as the toughest tire I've seen. Where my buddies would get multiple punctures on a trail with BF Goodrich's I might get one. When Goodyears have long worn out, the Bridgestones are still good to go.