Thread: Sewer Solution
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
This thing sounds interesting....I hate dealing with the slinky...

Bobby or Scott, does using this require bringing a extra garden hose? That is, one for your fresh water going into the TM and then one for the Sewer Solution.
Also, reading the info on it you can wash your tank(s) with it by reversing the water flow. So, how would that work on the Thetford? Would you just leave the valves open both inside the TM and under it and fill? Then reverse the process again??

Mike Anderson
Hey Mike, Larsdennert can tell you much more than I can because I have only used mine once in the field, but played with at home a few times.

I carry 2 hoses, but that is really not required. It has a backflow preventer on it, that would keep the waste water from getting into your fresh water hose. My fresh water hose is 50 foot, where my dump one is 10 foot. There is just something kind of nasty about hooking up your fresh water hose to a faucet anywhere near a dump station. I personally prefer to keep my fresh water hose in the trailer and as far away from a dump station as I can.

You can backwash your pipes, by turning the nozzle inside the sewer solution. When dumping, the nozzle is pointed toward the discharge hose. The waste hits the jet stream, and is broken up by the strong jet of water..then all of it is pushed out the discharge hose by water pressure. This alows you to even go uphill, depending on how much water pressure you have.

You rotate the jet nozzle to face back into your trailmanor pipes, with a lever on the outside. It will spray water back up into the trailmanor pipes. It has a shut off valve on the discharge hose, that will allow for backfilling of the pipes, and not just let all the water keep draining out the discharge hose. (the backflow preventer is what at this stage, keeps the waste water from also going into your freshwater hose)

The way I did this, was to spray some water back into the pipes for a short blast, then rotate the jet nozzle back to the discharge hose (opening the valve) ...allowing it to discharge out into the septic system again. I did this several times, until the water was all clear, and no more blue water seemed to be coming out of the pipes.

It took me longer to type this, than it takes to do it.