View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Three years ago.

We took our 3326K on it's first "expedition" to Yellowstone. Do not be mislead. Most of the sites are NOT RESERVED. That's right, first come, first served. This works well for you as a Trailmanor will be placed long after many 5th wheels are turned away as not able to negotiate the sites. We got there about 11:00 a.m. on a Thursday, and although there was a line to get into Madison campground (the closest to West Yellowstone) we did get a spot. It wasn't very good and we asked if we could move the next day. No problem, we could get into any site (you will not be allowed to try a site where you would be off the asphalt on any side). We camped a week and every day drivers of 5th wheels would be trying to measure our site and our TM because the "wrangler" denied them entrance as too large for the sites.

You will have to relax because there are a lot of people trying to see the same things you are. A sense of humor will help there. There are still tons of places to go to get away from any crowds. Be prepared to shake your head in wonder at people who ignore the warnings and walk right up to HUGE, WILD animals to take pictures. Believe me, wild animals there will be. Lots of them. We saw bison, elk, a nesting bald eagle, bears, coyotes, all sorts of critters (no moose, though. I was disappointed in that.) These aren't just occasional sitings either, this was lots and lots of them every day (except the bald eagle and bears). All the traffic jams will be because of animal sitings. People will stop their cars in the road to take pictures. One day my son and I were forced to drive at the speed of bison for about ten miles because they were not inclined to leave the road.

It was spectacular. We will go again.