View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
fishpondwest

I have a 2004 3124KS. Took her to the beach last week. The freshwater pump worked fine though it did take about 4 minutes to fill the hot water heater. On the morning of the third day the pump simply refused to work at all. The pump lite on the control panel was on, switch was on, battery was at full charge, nearly full tank of water, but no pump. It is mounted on the street side wall above the water tank. I thought about pulling out the vertical piece between the cabinet doors but it still looked like getting it out could be a bear. I have an artificial shoulder, so my range of motion is limited and just touching the pump with my fingertips is a stretch.
Question 1. Should I be checking something else before I go ahead with a repair? (the connection on the input side is tight, I can't get fingers on the output side to check it without taking the middle vertical piece out of the cabinet door opening).
Question 2. Do I need to remove water tank to get at the pump more easily and what might be involved with that?
Question 3. If I decide to have it repaired, should any reputable RV repair be able to do it or is this something that should go back to a dealer? (For us it's about 100 miles to the nearest Trailmanor dealer in Sacramento.)
Thanks for any ideas.
Dan