View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Dan -

When you turned on a faucet, the pump should have come on (obviously it won't come on if you are not drawing any water). Since the red light on the control panel was on, it is clear that the fuse is good, and power is getting at least as far as control panel. I suppose you might check to be sure that power is coming out of the control panel switch and heading for the pump, but that would be a pretty unlikely failure.

The pump is rated to run dry (i.e., even if there is no water), so an empty tank or a plugged inlet line wouldn't stop it. You should make a quick visual check to make sure that the outlet line isn't being squashed by something, and hasn't developed a kink.

If none of the above is any help, it sounds to me like the pressure sensor switch is malfunctioning. Can you reach under the cabinet and give the pump a few sharp raps with a screwdriver handle, or something like that? If the switch is stuck, that might jar it loose.

Any reputable RV shop can repair or replace the pump, and it may be cheaper to replace than repair. Although the switch itself is available from Shur-Flo, most of the repair cost will be in the labor involved in getting the pump in and out. The pump itself should cost about $60 - I'm not sure how much the replacement switch alone is. On the other hand, if you are going to do the repair yourself, the repair kit is probably a money-saver.

Good luck with the screwdriver handle.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote