View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #24
SCBillandJane

Bill and mjlaupp , I have the trailer outside next to the garage in the up position. We just got it home Tuesday. It was raining last night (Thursday), so we went out to see if there were any leaks. One drop by the bathroom window that may have been condensation which I think is excellent for a 2003 model. Anyway, I pressed the battery check switch and was surprised to see the battery down 2 lights. The battery had been showing fully charged Tuesday morning as it had been plugged in to a 30 amp shore line if that is the correct word. We towed it home with a 2007 Tundra with factory tow package. All trailer lights were working if that adds any information. We got home late Tuesday night and set it up Wednesday morning.There had been no load from lights for more than a few minutes, and there is no radio installed. I did disconnect the battery Thursday night when I saw the battery lights were down. I will connect the trailer to a ground fault 15 amp exterior plug on the house through an adapter to charge the battery while it is up unless you say this is a bad idea. I don't have a 30 amp power source at this time. When the battery shows full charge, I will disconnect the battery and lower the trailer. I didn't realize that there was so much drain with it just sitting there upright. I asked about the bargeman way of charging because we want to store the trailer in the closed position with a cover in the near future, and by now you can see the extent of my knowledge. Like zero.
I did notice when we arrived home in the darkness that there was something that is attached to the seal on the roof where the front roof is on top of the rear roof. It is the shape and size of a windshield wiper and had a small red light that was on. Would this be the powered radio antenna? I didn't know there was one. Whatever it is, the light was on in the closed trailer position.
My last concern is will this drain be too much for us to run the heater and toilet on one battery for one night without shore power?
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote