View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Al-n-Sue

Default My installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92688

You can mount it in a plastic junction box from HomeDepot (about $5) and screw, strap or glue the box to your frame or the outside of the battery box.
I used exactly these components (except I got the switch from a auto parts store) - drilled holes in the faceplate for the switch and mounting screws, drilled a hole in the side for the wires and used liberal amounts of sealer for both. I mounted it on the tongue behind the battery box. I ran the hot wire from the Bargman plug and the hot wire from my electric tongue jack to one side and the other side to the positive battery terminal (through a 30 amp breaker mounted the battery box). When I travel or camp, the switch is on. When I park in storage, or stop for more than a few minutes, I turn the switch off. This type switch locks when it is on. When it is off, the key comes out. It is usually sold with two keys. But remember, with this arrangment, power to your emergency brakes are disconnected, so don't ever, ever, ever, forget to turn it back on after you make a stop! The added benefit to this arrangement is that when your camper is parked in storage, there is no parasitic load on the batteries.

Good luck with your install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2162s.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	3503