View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
PopBeavers

Some generators produce modified sine wave power, which is fine for an electric saw at a construction site, but may not be good for a microwave oven or a television. The inverter style generators produce "cleaner" power.

While traveling, I store my Honda 2000 in the bed of the truck. Overnight I store it in the back seat of the truck. While gone for the day I store it inside the TM.

My single Honda 2000 will start my a/c near sea level, but will not restart it. It will not start it at 5,000 feet.

If I ever have a reason or desire to run my a/c with a generator I will add a second Honda 2000. Since March 2005 that has never happened.

I considered the Honda 3000, but I am not sure I could roll that in and out of the bed of the truck by myself, and I am real sure I could not secure it over night by putting it in the back seat of the truck.

I considered the Yamaha 2400, but that requires using 2 hands and carry it in front of me. I can carry the Honda with one hand, and by carrying it by my side instead of in front of me my back is happier.

30k truck
24k trailer
20k ATVs
1k generator

The generator was not what emptied my wallet