View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
M&M Hokie

I have had my LinkLite installed for only about a week and just a few hours ago came back from first camping trip having it along for ride. The place we camped was only an hour drive away and we only stayed for two nights. However, having the LinkLite along showed me just how little I will be using a generator in the future. We used only about 29 of 116 usable AH for the trip. Having the AH meter installed in the main cabin is nice. You get constant feedback on things. It is a new toy so I was looking at it a lot. I am really sold on it. I am already noticing that I am getting used to seeing -0.2A on the display when we are just hanging out during the day. Anything other than that and I know someone has a light or a fan on or something and I am already in the habit of following behind folks to turn off the fantastic fan or whatever else they left on unnecessarily. I love the data so much, I almost wish I had some form of cap probe type sensors for the holding tanks.

As for charging, so far I am just living with the stock WFCO 8955 converter to do its 3-stage thing. Perhaps I should put an external charger on the list based upon what others are saying.