Thread: fuse out?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
P and B

Jim,

I think most of us carry a specific tool box with us when we go that has all of the goodies you need if something goes amuck. Fuses are one item. I carry an assortment of white head stainless screws, caulk and wrenches big enough to work on the hitch and tires. I also carry a Volt Ohm Meter and various electrical pieces. You might consider something like this. All my stuff is in it's own tool box so I just through it in the TV when we go.

If you look at the electrical system in the TM, you'll realize that all of things that work when you're not "plugged in" are 12V devices...water pump, lights, furnace fan etc. AC items are pretty obvious since they only work when you're plugged in Air Cond, AC outlets and the inverter itself. BTW, If you accidentally reverse the battery leads (which I have done when re-installing the battery in the spring), it will blow the main inverter fuse. Mine came with an Orange 40A fuse. If you do blow that one, don't bother looking for them- they are nearly impossible to find. The dealer told me it was supposed to be a 30A anyway so that's what I replaced it with and I haven't had any problems.

Phil