View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #38
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger View Post
Hi'
My wife and I purchased a 2010 Elkmont in Jan. 2010 The first time we took it on a trip we had a heavy rain the second night out, and we had six leakage points in the roof. After much frustration Tailmanor invited us back to the factory in Lake City Tenn. They kept the trailer for a week and repaired it. They were kind enough to re-deliver it to Ohio for us. But it was still leaking. We took it back to the dealer in Madison Ohio and they repaired an air-conditioner leak and said all was good. It was raining the day we picked it up and drove home with it again and before we got home it was leaking again. The dealer has now had it again for three weeks and we have lost faith in the Elkmont product.
Could it be that the weep holes at the roof are the culprits?

I am including a picture of each of the weep holes on my Elkmont. It appears that some holes on other Elkmonts mnay have bee drilled with a different trajectory (the angle of entry when a thin rod is inserted into the hole). If it is done from above the roof line it most likely will leak, whereas if the hioles are drilled from below (at an upward angle) they will probably be ok.

Take a good look at your trailers roof the holes are located in the molding juet below the roof at each corner of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1706.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	4504   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1707.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	4505   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1708.JPG
Views:	228