View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Digger

Did you get your refrig. lit on gas yet ? It is possible that it’s working but the needle gauge is bad. That happened to me and it took about a week before I realized it. If it is super quiet you can hear the burner light, that’s how I discovered mine was working, but most times you have to have someone outside watching the burner to tell you when it is lit. Just try to light it normally while someone on the outside watches for it to light then continue to hold down the bypass button for a few more seconds so it stays lit. Another problem may be the igniter. It could be dirty or out of alignment and not lighting the gas, if so, you can still light the rerfig. manually at the burner box by using a match or better yet one of those long BBQ lighters. There is a small access hole on the side of the box, just move the cover plate aside to get at the burner. Someone inside will still have to hold in the gas bypss button in until it stays lit. I also have a 2007 model so we should have the same model refrig. If I light the water heater first it rarely takes more than 10 seconds to get the refrig. to light. I just went out to the TM which has been sitting for about a month to try it and after holding in the bypass button for 10 seconds I pushed the igniter once and it lit. Lastly, be sure the temp control is turned up to 5, the highest setting. When I was picking up the new needle gauge for mine, the NorCold service guy had a refrig on the bench and he went over it with me pretty good, teaching me what I suggested above. To verify that having the control set to 5 makes it easier to light I disconnected the gas line at the burner and used a flow meter. Actually I just connected a rubber hose to it and stuck the end in a jar of water. While holding down the gas button I turned the control up and down. When on 1 there was barely a trickle of gas flowing. As I turned the control up the flow increased until I had it turned to 5 and there was a rapid flow of gas coming out. If the TM’s refrig. had a pilot light it would work differently.
ED