Thread: ease of towing?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #7

Default Re: ease of towing?

We have the same year, make and model Chevy, truck as you, but in the 4x4.  You have a lot of truck there and we easily towed our Nash 22 H model trailer, which is a whole LOT heavier and taller than ANY of the Trailmanors, as you can see by the specifications in the following link:   http://www.nashtraveltrailers.com/na...s/22hnash.html

Unfortunately, our lease is up on the Chevy, and we've just traded it in on an economical SUV  :-/   We're turning in the Nash as I can't tow it with my Toyota T-100 V6 as neither that nor the Tundra are even close to being full-sized pickups as advertised.  That's why I'm looking to purchase a Trailmanor now.  We wish we would have bought the TM in the fist place, but ***-u-me-d we would always have a full-size truck, as in the past.  

Our 2000 Nash is an exceptional trailer and if anyone is interested, they can have it for take over payments only.  We don't want anything out of it, and uniquely our credit won't be dinged for turning it in.   ;D  Wrong forum I know, but a great deal for anyone interested.

By the way, we got about 2 miles less per gallon towing the MUCH heavier and taller Nash, so I bet a TM would only cost you about 1 mile per gallon in gas to tow--even over the Grapevine.

As far as the sway bar, and lift bars, and cab break switch; I was lucky enough to survive a trailer roll-over and wouldn't tow without any of them--or really good tires!.  When the three tow-truck drivers scraped our rig off of the 5 Fwy. outside of Oakland, they said that out of the three similar clean-ups that morning in the exact same area--we were the only ones alive to discuss the incident!  Way better safe than sorry, and they're relatively cheap and the easiest thing to hook-up on your hitch outside of your light plug!  Woman to woman...if you can handle the hitch, you can sure handle the rig opening and closing; practice makes perfect, so just open and close one a few times to get the hang of it--wild woman!  And don't forget to charge the EX a whopping rental fee!  

Happy trails!

Joan