View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
Mr Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
BTW.........unless you are using 100' of cable (from your panels to the battery) 4G wire is way over-kill and will be clumsy and difficult to work with. Someone is likely to steal your system for the wire more than for the panels.
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback, great job on your installation very clean, well done. You mention you have your panels permanently installed now. From what I remember initially you had them setup so you could remove them and store them on the bed inside the RV to avoid theft while park at your apartment complex. Either way, very clean job. I based much of my decision to go with 160 watt setup after reading your posts describing how well that panel configuration worked for you. Thanks again for the helpful posts.

The 4 GA wire I was referring to is included in the installation cabling kit Cobra sells for their 1500W inverter I am installing. It's for the short run from the batteries to the inverter. They provide both 4GA and 8GA in the kit. The wire from the panels to the battery is much smaller, more like you describe you are using.

Thanks,

Bob.