View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
OffToDaRaces

Default Curtain Solutions

I have just been reading thru various posts concerning curtains and privacy problems. I have a 2008 2720 that I recently purchased. I went to a local auto parts store (Read Walmart), and purchased sufficient window tint to do the windows in the TM. I also purchased several sun shield windshield heat blockers, you know the lightweight folding type. The heat shields were very inexpensive.

I found that one large car sun shield windshield protector will easily fit the large side window in the 2720. The regular size sun shields, when cut to fit, will cover two each of the smaller windows. They are easy to install and remove, and can easily be stored in small spaces.

I live in Florida, and keep my TM in the backyard, sometime open/covered, sometimes not covered. The sun shield panels significantly cut down the interior heat levels. They also help block UV rays, helping to reduce interior fabric fading.

I experimented with the panels and found that they will stay in p[lace without any additional attachments. I also found that when I put just a few velcro spots on the sun shields and on the wall concealed by the curtains, the panels stay in place even during transport.

They also provide very high levels of privacy, and make for a great sleeping environment for those who like to sleep in when the sun is bright. I hope someone finds this to be useful info for them.