View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
PopBeavers

I have camped in tents at 18F and had no problems. I have never camped below 40F in the TM.

Just make sure you can stay warm and dry. My sleeping bag is rated for -20F. Take three dogs (play on the name of an old band)

Prevent water from freezing. If it was me I would leave the TM empty of water and only use the water I would carry in my 6-8 gallon portable water containers. If they freeze and crack they are cheap to replace.

At some point in temperature propane has a problem. I have never had a problem with Coleman fuel (aka white gas). I would take one of my 6 white gas stoves, just in case.

If you are not in a campground with rest rooms, then I do not have a solution for that issue, other than a good shovel.

Take a quality snow shovel. Have a means of removing snow from the roof. Probably a push broom and step ladder if the snow is light. If the snow on the roof gets deep and freezes then you have a serious problem.

Take a generator to recharge you batteries. Discharged batteries will freeze sooner than fully charged batteries.

Use pool noodles, or equivalent, discussed elsewhere.

Place insulation in the two roof vents.

Sealing off the a/c is probably helpful.

Off the top of my head, that is all I can think of.