View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
How much support do you feel you need? My dealer stopped selling TMs very, very soon after my purchase--in fact, I may very well have been his last sale. But, this doesn't concern me. I figure most of what will need to be done can be done by the local guy (wheels, bearings, appliances, etc.) and anything that's TM specific, I'll just need to either do myself or figure it out if/when the time comes.

What kind of work, specifically, have people needed done that would require a TM dealer to do it?
Yes,a lot of people only buy a used TM so the warranty is really not a factor anymore. That is why this forum is so great for backup. Now if it cannot be fixed then yes you have your nearest RV dealer that can probably repair or replace any name brand appliance. If your TM gets hit in an accident nine chances out of ten it will be declared a total loss and it will be handled with your insurance company so the dealer again will not be involved. Mine is old enough that I carry no insurance on it(has liability from TV) and considering what it would cost me to repair, will take the hit and just part it out and buy another more recent TM as we really like them.

Bob