View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplants View Post
We have on older model 1998 3023.

The fuse that blew was the #1 15amp that runs the lights for the back half of the camper. When I put in a new fuse and turned on the light without the cover I did see a small spark (arc) right when a switched it on. The fuse did not blow but the light still did no work. Makes me think that since the light is getting power the problem is with the light itself.

The A/C had been draining off the back like normal so I do not think the drain hole was plugged. The filter was however, very dirty. I cleaned it but did not run the A/C any more as I was packing up.

Thanks for the schematic. Unsure if it applies to our model but it gives me some place to start.
Silly Me. I failed to notice that you already posted the model and year in your first post.

Is your A/C mounted on your front roof shell or the rear roof shell?

I am attaching an owners manual (hard to know what year but probably 2002 through 2008). On pages 35 and 36 there is an illustration of the wiring routing in each roof half. If the A/C is mounted on the front roof, the water running in the front roof wiring channel should not be able to get into the rear roof unless there is a roof leak on the outside of the rear roof.

Water was leaking onto the bed (rear bed) so how did it get there? Was the TM level or slightly downhill to the rear?

The spark you mentioned could have been the bulb blowing...? Are we still looking for a way for the A/C 120V to have some how interconnected with the rear shell lighting 12V?...or maybe the entire problem was water shorting the 12V at the lamp fixture above the bed.

More questions than answers at this point. I'll keep thinking.

Jerry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2002-08 Trailmanor Manual.pdf (6.15 MB, 52 views)
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote