View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
eplants

Thanks for the suggestions. I did just as you suggested Bill. All Black, White, and neutral wires as well as main wires seemed pretty tight though I was able to get most a little tighter. Also checked all the wires for signs of burning and they looked good. Checked the light over the bed and it still did not work but sparked at the on/off switch before blowing the fuse. I took the light down to get a closer look and removed a piece of what appeared to be foam insulation from the roof that had gotten lodged between the black and white wires of the switch. Put a new fuse in and tried the light and it worked perfectly. I did not think foam could conduct electricity so I am unsure if removing it did the trick or if taking the light down shifted the wires enough to eliminate whatever short was being created. I am hoping that this was the cause of the burning smell. Since I have parked the camper I am unable to hook up the power but will pay close attention the next time we take it out. Thanks again for all of the helpful suggestions.
eplants is offline   Reply With Quote